Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Dark Days

It echoes through my mind


You




It flies around in the sky


You




Thoughts of you
The sensation
 of your hug

 the hug I've yet to feel

They are among the fog in my mind


So pretty
Yet so far

I'm so needy
Of your touch



For all these years
I've been hoping to find somebody like you
Waiting
Sitting
 anywhere on the streets
Waving
 randomly
Weeping
 secretly



I'm not poor
I don't starve
I don't have thirst

I am warm
I feel alive


But I've lost enough
I've seen the pieces;
 i've seen them fall

I've witnessed the demise
Of close relatives
Of close friends
I've wiped their tears
I've given them joy
I've hugged them
 long enough
 so they could
 let go of their fears
So they could
 grow
 strong
 patience
 determination

But i still feel
 pain
 emptiness
 hollow
 confusion
 demise
I can't wipe my tears
I can't cauterize my holes
I can't fill the whole
 of all my strength
 of all my powers
I can't let go of my fears
I'm not ready for the goodbyes
I'm not ready for the suffering


But i've found it

It's you

You


Your image
And your image only
Gives me hope
Gives me love
Makes me whole
Makes me feel


I need you
Your breath
Your kiss
Your companionship
Your hug
Your touch
Your flame
Your dreams

I need you



Yes, it is too soon to say things like that
But somewhere deep inside
I feel the undeniable truth
The one that my hearth is telling me

I need you




I need
 you

No comments:

Post a Comment